Saturday 3 September 2011

Survived the First Week!


Yes!! We survived!!!

How was it? I have to admit there were times where I would have mini anxiety attacks and times where the affirmation "I can do this" came in useful. Like most things in life, home education seems to come with its positives and negatives.

Negatives:
  • Mr. R complains to me much more than he does his school teachers.
  • I don't have much "me" time anymore. Sometimes I really crave just a few moments for myself.
  • I also complain more than a school teacher probably would, (putting that in to be fair).


Positives:
  • We can choose topics that Mr. R is interested in.
  • I can work according Mr. R's ability. For example. In Mathematics I can use numbers to 100, because he "gets" it.
  • I love, love, love watching him grow and learn.

So far the positives WIN. I'm looking foward to next week. I'm looking forward to trying out a new "timetable" and looking forward to trying out new activities, which I'll hopefully post up here in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment