Wednesday 28 December 2011

Village Learning - Week 4

This week we had some helpers,  KP and her ever so lovely children came along and lent a helping hand.  I also managed to fill out a simple register with the choto (small) names of the children who attend the "class" (usually when I ask for their names they tell me their full names and I become a bit bewildered by the length and complicated pronunciation of them).   There are 15 children between the ages of 5 and 15.  Hopefully now I can keep track of who is attending and when.



The children have been learning the basic phonemes for the letters S, A, T, P, I and N.  Next week we'll start on some workbooks.  I can't wait to see the children's faces when I hand out some little gifts for them.

What have I learnt?  I've learnt, that even though philanthropic activities are not of the highest platform, like most material activities they can also be dovetailed to help us reach a spiritual platform.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment