Saturday 10 September 2011

Introducing Little Miss. S


Mr. R has a two and a half year-old sister.  Miss. S.  Every Saturday Miss. S and I go to the local school for playgroup.  This week I've decided not to prepare any major activities.  I've been meditating this last week about how important it is to spend time with our children, listen to them and talk to them.  Seems simple right?  Still a day or more goes by and do find myself wondering.  Have I actually sat down with Miss. S and played, listened and talked with her lately?  I get so busy doing my everyday  things, cleaning, cooking and now home educating Mr. R that I feel at times she's not getting enough of this. So this week our playgroup program will include having parents  massage their children, encouraging them to tickle their little feet affectionately, make eye-contact and talk  to them, ask questions, listen and respond. Followed by free play, where parents will be encouraged to spend this time joining in and interacting with their children..

The social, emotional and language benifits of these simple things are HUGE.

http://www.familyfacts.org/briefs/15/a-wise-investment-benefits-from-families-spending-time-together
http://www.parenting-child-development.com/parenting-tips.html

No comments:

Post a Comment