Tuesday 6 September 2011

The Places I've Lived


Our first project we have started promotes development in not one but three learning areas!  English, ICT and Geography.   I'm really hoping this is going to be fun.  Mr.  R has lived in four countries in his little life so far.  So we're compiling a small book about the places he's lived.


So far we've created a cover-page using  Word and have come up with a list of questions to find out more about a place.  Mr. R came up with these questions:
What are the rivers like?
What are the houses like?
What are the animals like?
What are the plants like?
What does the county’s flag look like?
What do the people look like?
 What sport do people play?
What temples do they have?
What do the people wear?
What are the schools like?

Today we started on Australia:



Tomorrow we'll check out Australia on Google Earth! 


2 comments:

  1. this is great! I still have a book I made when i was about 8 or 9 titled "Me". Its all about my life - my parents, my house and where I lived, the temple, temple and devotee life, my friends etc. I love going back and looking at projects like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I never thought about it that way. I'm going to have to try and look after these type of projects... only hope they don't go moldy in the heat and humidity :/

    ReplyDelete