Wednesday 21 December 2011

Village Learning: Week 3

Today marks the third week of our Village Learning Project (we missed out last week because of  S being unwell).

Today we had more children, maybe fifteen, possibly more.  We learn mainly outside on the floor of Suniti's home.  She has a simple bamboo and mud house.  It's still a bit crowded, I find it hard to get around to see all the children, but the village is not a place to complain.

I'm happy with our routine.  We start off with a kirtan, followed by some conversational English activities, then some songs, writing, a 'talking walk' and finish with a story and some maha prsadam snacks.  I hope the children are happy with it too. It all takes about an hour.

I have two things to work on now.  One is keeping track of the children, we seem to be getting more each week.  I need a register to see who is coming, how often and who is new. I don't think R and I can manage more than 20.

The other thing I need to sort out is some kind of budget.  Soon I'll need to start photocopying I'd also like to give the children some new pencils, since they don't seem to have any.

Sorry, no photos today, forgot to take the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment